October 17, 2013 by Doug Moore
- NEVER bring in furniture from the street – whether it’s a mattress, a chair or even a bookshelf.
- Do not buy recycled mattresses.
- Does your moving company or furniture delivery offer to pick up your old mattress with their delivery truck? While this may seem sweet, this means they pick up everyone’s old mattress and chances are one of those has bed bugs! Steer clear of such offers.
- Ask how often your moving company sprays their moving trucks, if at all.
- Steer clear of curtains, moldings, and bed skirts, and dust ruffles whenever possible, since these allow more locations for bed bugs to hide.
- Use closet organizers to prevent clutter.
- Use metal headboards that bed bugs can’t climb up.
- Have plain walls wherever possible – the less wall hangings, the less bed bug hiding places.
- Encase all your mattress/box spring/bedding with anti-bed bug products.
- Use anti-bedbug laundry bags.
- Use a metal bar to hang clothes on in closets.
For more information about bed bugs, heat treatment, and canine bed bug scent detection, click here.
Haven’t subscribed to my Blog yet?? Easy to fix!