August 29, 2016 by Doug Moore
If you’re worried that you may have bed bugs in your home, there are three basic steps you can take.
1. Do an exhaustive bed bug search of your home
Bed bugs are reddish-brown, oval, flat, and about 3/16th of an inch long. The nymphs look like adults except they’re smaller and not as dark.
But bed bugs are very difficult to locate, so you may be infested but still not spot one. Therefore, in your bed bug search, you’ll need to look for other signs of their presence, such as:
- Dark spots on the sheets or mattress (the excretion of bed bugs).
- Reddish smears on your sheets (blood-engorged bed bugs you’ve crushed without knowing it by shifting in your sleep).
- Hatched and un-hatched eggs, which are usually sticky.
- Tan-colored shed skins (from nymphs as they molt).
Start with beds in the home because—as their name suggests—bed bugs like…
View original post 335 more words